Drug Free Marshall County is now accepting applications for the 2019-2020 grant rounds. These grants are intended to support specific projects in Marshall County that focus on the Prevention/Education, Enforcement and Treatment of substance abuse issues in our communities.
The grants must address one or more of the following categories with emphasis placed on the increasing Opiate Abuse in Marshall County.
(1) Marshall County continues to have a methamphetamine production and abuse problem.
(2) There is a high incidence of alcohol use/abuse in Marshall County.
(3) There is a high incidence of marijuana use/abuse in Marshall County.
(4) Opioid abuse, including heroin is increasing among adults in Marshall County.
(5) There is a high incidence of tobacco use in Marshall County with particular focus on its use with pregnant women and smokeless tobacco with youth.
Grants applications can be found at www.co.marshall.in.us. For additional information, contact the LCC Coordinator at email@example.com. Applications must be returned no later than October 31, 2019. Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Completed applications can also be hand delivered to Marshall County Sheriff’s Department, or the Bremen Police Department.
Drug Free Marshall County is a citizen board established in conjunction with the Governor’s Task Force on Enforcement, Treatment and Prevention.
Drug Free Marshall County receives its funding through Court Ordered fines from those persons convicted of drug and alcohol offenses in Marshall County.