ELKHART – Lady Pilgrim gymnasts placed 2nd at the Elkhart Holiday Invitational.
Leading the way for the Pilgrims were senior Dorothy Karris and junior Tessa Hutchinson.
Karris enters her final season anchoring 3 of the 4 events in the lineup. She rounded out the night placing in 4 of the 5 categories. 5th on bars with a 7.35, 8th on beam with a 7.35, 7th on floor with an 8.6, and 6th in All-around with a 31.9.
Hutchinson entered the night continuing to battle a knee injury that has limited her all season. She had yet to complete a full floor routine before the competition. Her experience carried her through though as she posted the third-highest score of her career and went 5 for 5 in medals. Hutchinson finished 6th on vault with an 8.9, 6th on bars with a 7.3, 2nd on beam with a 7.8, 5th on floor with an 8.7, and 5th in all-around with a 32.7.
Also competing were Kasi Harner, Taytem Saylor, Susie Everett, Arielle Ferman, and Joy Everett.
Harner found herself back in the floor lineup after sitting out a year for injury. She posted her highest score of the night (8.05) on that event.
Ferman started off the meet for the Pilgrims on the floor improving her personal record on the event to a 7.15.
Saylor posted a season-high 6.35 on bars. Susie Everett scored another season-high 8.0 on vault.
Joy Everett showed her adaptability tonight as mid warmups, she was thrown into the beam lineup. After not being in the lineup at all on Monday then moving into the vault roster, and last-second being added to the beam, the freshman gained some valuable experience and displayed incredible mental toughness. She posted a 7.4 on vault and 4.9 on beam.
Lady Pilgrims will be back in action on Jan. 8 at Valpo High School for the Vikings Pairs Invitational.
- Indiana’s CollegeChoice 529 Savings Plans Top Rated for Performance
- Walorski Introduces Legislation to Seek Justice for Illicit Fentanyl Victims
- A $322,104.80 BAD BEAT JACKPOT WON AT FOUR WINDS SOUTH BEND ON JUNE 4
- Senator Young Statement on Bipartisan Safer Communities Act
- Rep. Walorski: Our Prayers Have Been Answered
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on