OSLO, Norway – The U.S. won its first two medals in the women’s freestyle division at the Senior World Championships on Tuesday, with Kayla Miracle claiming a silver medal at 62 kg and Jenna Burkert adding a bronze medal at 55 kg. It was their first career Senior World medals for both U.S. women. There were only two women’s weight classes contested in Group One.
Miracle was defeated in the finals by 2019 World champion and 2020 Olympic silver medalist Aisuluu Tynybekova of Kyrgyzstan, 7-0.
Miracle and Tynybekova wrestled a relatively even and back-and-forth first period, as Tynybekova had a 1-0 lead at the break courtesy of a shot clock point. The most action in the match came in the first minute of the second period, when the two wrestlers entered into a scramble after a shot by Miracle. Tynybekova was able to maneuver in the position and expose Miracle for two points, a call that was challenged but confirmed. That gave Tynybekova a 4-0 lead, one that would prove to be enough. She posted a step out and then a late go-behind takedown to complete the 7-0 win over Miracle.
Miracle was a 2020 Olympian for the USA, and also competed on the 2019 Senior World Team. She has now won a World medal on the Cadet, Junior, U23 and Senior levels.
- Marshall County Sheriff Honors Dispatchers Hite and Budd with Life Saving Award
- County Commissioners Open Bids for Community Crossing Road Projects and Adjacent Projects
- City Attorney Discusses Transfer in Engineering Dept., Stellar Update and Redistricting
- Tim Peet Arrested by County Police for OWI, OWI Endangering & Criminal Recklessness
- Marshall County Board of Zoning Appeals Approves Request for Electronic Sign at
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on