Firefighters from the Plymouth Fire Department responded to a semi trailer fire at the former Shamrock Homes property on Markley Drive at 5:50 Wednesday evening.
A passersby noticed smoke coming from the front trailer vent and called in the fire.
Firefighters found a semi trailer loaded with all types of plastic material ready for recycling. The smoldering fire began near the middle of the semi trailer and it took firefighters some time to get to the origin of the fire.
The Plymouth Street Department assisted firefighters with equipment to unload the semi trailer and firefighters had to eventually cut the side of the trailer open to get to the fire.
Firefighters were on the scene for a couple of hours and no injuries were reported.