|The Judicial Nominating Commission (JNC) named fifteen finalists for the 109th Supreme Court judicial position. The JNC conducted public interviews of twenty-nine applicants February 17-19. The following applicants will be invited to second interviews with the JNC in March:
Hon. James R. Ahler
Hon. Vicki L. Carmichael
Hon. Paul R. Cherry
Hon. Darrin M. Dolehanty
Hon. Thomas J. Felts
Mr. Thomas M. Fisher
Hon. Frances C. Gull
Hon. Steven L. Hostetler
Hon. Matthew C. Kincaid
Mr. Mark A. Lienhoop
Hon. Steven R. Nation
Mr. Peter J. Rusthoven
Mr. Geoffrey G. Slaughter
Rep. Thomas W. Washburne
Mr. Thomas E. Wheeler, II
In April, Justice Brent Dickson will retire from the five-member Supreme Court. According to the Indiana Constitution and state statute, the seven-member JNC must recruit and select candidates to fill the vacancy on the state’s highest court.
Thirty judges and lawyers submitted applications. The applications and photographs are available online. One person withdrew his name from consideration. Twenty-nine applicants were interviewed in public at the State House. The JNC considers applicants’ legal education, writings, reputation in the practice of law, and other pertinent information.
The JNC will interview the fifteen finalists March 3-4. The JNC will then publicly vote to send three nominees to the Governor who has 60 days to select Indiana’s next justice.
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on