THANKS TO VOLUNTEERS
June 24, 2010
Plymouth Mayor Mark Senter took time this week to thank the many people who worked hard this weekend on so many wonderful events that took place in the city. His letter states:
I just wanted to thank the many committees and volunteers for making Saturday June 19th a memorable day in the City of Plymouth:
- The Farmer’s Market was booming and blooming, as usual, with a special pancake and sausage breakfast by the Optimist’s Club.
- The Kids Big Red 3 began at 10AM with more than 65 children swimming, biking and running at Centennial Park. Thanks to Gina Young and her gang of volunteers for making that happen.
- The 9th Annual Latino Festival was a big hit again with great food, music, kid’s beauty pageant and a cultural spirit beyond reproach. Congrats to Heart and Hands and especially Becky Griffy for another fantastic festival.
- The 1st Annual P-Town Cruze’n Car Show was a tremendous sight with more than 70 cars lined-up on both sides of Michigan Street for 3 blocks downtown. Thanks to Charlie Campiti and his committee for a well organized car show and we look forward to many more.
- Marshall County’s Relay For Life was, as expected, had another all-nighter at Centennial Park with campsites decorated in the spirit of the South Pacific called “Castaway Cancer.” An awesome showing of support for former and present cancer patients.
Thanks to everyone for a busy, busy weekend and keep up the great work!