Culver Town Clerk-Treasurer Karen Heim has released the 2024 trash and recycling schedule for town residents. Trash is picked up every Monday and resident should have their toters out by 5 a.m. Recycling is picked up every other Monday and also needs to be out by 5 a.m.
Republic Services will pick up one bulk item every month on your trash day. A list of bulk items they will pick up is available at www.recyclingsimplified.com . If you have an item for bulk pickup, you must contact Republic Services at 574.842.4719 to arrange for the pickup so that their drivers are properly prepared.
This is a list of bulk items that Republic will pick up:
• Items shorter than 4′ in length
• Carpet must be cut and bundle no larger than 4’x5′ and should only weigh 60 pounds
• BBQ Grills without the propane tank
• Furniture (couches, recliners, love seats)
• Mattresses and Box Springs (wrapped in plastic)
• Toilets need to be taken apart
• Entertainment Centers must be broken down
• Outdoor Toys must be broken down
• Lawn Mowers/Tillers/Snow Blowers — Push Units Only with fluids drained and
• Cans of dried paint with the lids off & absorbent material inside
Items not accepted by Republic as bulk items include:
• Automobile Parts or any components including tires and batteries.
• Cast Iron Bathtubs
• Hazardous Materials or Chemicals
• Explosives or Ammunition
• Rock, Soil etc.
• Landscape Timbers and treated wood
• Railroad Ties
• Riding Lawnmowers
• Animal Carcasses
• Garage Doors/Garage Door Openers
• Yard Waste, stumps, limbs, and branches
• Appliances including anything containing freon or has a cooling unit
• Electronic items, such as computer parts or components, televisions etc. and
• Treadmill/Weight Equipment