It’s supposed to be hot this week, but if you need to take care of business at Pierogi Fest, you can do so in an air-conditioned bathroom trailer, aka- Pootin Stations. Where else can you see a man in a coconut bra and grass skirt pushing a lawn mower in a parade? And if it is hot, cool off in our Polish Bathhouse, or at one of our massive family friendly beer gardens. To top it off, there is cool entertainment to get you in just the right mood.
Pierogi Fest, that wacky, nutty festival, organized by hundreds of volunteers starts this week! Friday July 28th (11AM to 11PM), Saturday July 29th (11 AM to 11 PM) and Sunday July 30th (11AM to 5PM) in Downtown Whiting, Indiana, located on the shores of Lake Michigan.
The festival offers more than 75 food booths with more than 1,200 menu items, 2 beer gardens, 55 arts and crafts and tchotchke vendors, 7 performance stages featuring a wide variety of music, and the craziest parade ANYWHERE (the parade is Friday, July 28th at 7 PM).
As a special event, a free concert by Smash Mouth on our main stage will be held on Saturday, July 29th at 8:30 PM, sponsored by Hard Rock Casino. With hits like: All Star, Walkin’ on the Sun, I’m a Believer, Why Can’t We Be Friends? Can’t Get Enough of You Baby, Then the Morning Comes, and Pacific Coast Party (and the soundtracks to the Shrek movies) this should be a great evening, but then every evening is great at Pierogi Fest.
One of the Chicago area’s largest and best-known events, Pierogi Fest has earned numerous accolades including:
- Readers Digest: One of America’s 50 best festivals
- MSN Eat This not That- One of the 50 best food festivals in the US
- TripAdvisor- One of the 10 wackiest festivals on the planet
- One of the 25 best food festivals in North America by Saveur Magazine
- Pierogi Fest was the subject of a front-page article in the Wall Street Journal in 2015,
- Named by Oprah Winfrey for five years straight as one of her favorite things to do;
- Named for 20 consecutive years as the Times of Northwest Indiana’s Best Festival;
- Indy’s Child: One of 8 Festivals Worth the Drive!
- A Blue-Ribbon Festival of Summer in 2013 by Yahoo.com;
- The Heritage Award from the Polish National Congress, Featured on The Food Channel, Travel Channel, Pawn Stars Chicago, Wild Chicago, Access Indiana, CNN, CBS Worldwide, and television stations in Germany, Slovakia, Poland, China, and Australia,
- Featured on the nationally syndicated television shows: Wild Travels, and Small Town, Big Deal
- The most popular festival amongst extra-terrestrials.
Pierogi Fest- Small-town setting with worldwide appeal and a lot of fun!
For more information, visit Pierogifest.net, #Pierogifest, or call 219 659-0292.
For media contacts, call Tom Dabertin, Chairman and Co-Founder at 219 218-2735.