Marshall County Superior Court III Judge Matthew Sarber honored Circuit Court Clerk Deborah VanDeMark with a Judicial Resolution recognizing her years of dedicated service to Marshall County.
The following was filed in open court on Thursday, December 29:
The Court, suavities spent, enters this Judicial Resolution into the record of the Marshall Superior Court No. 3, and resolves as follows:
The Court FINDS:
1. Deborah P. VanDeMark was duly elected to the office of Clerk of Courts for Marshall County in 2014, taking office on January 1, 2015.
2. Deborah P. VanDeMark has served with distinction since taking office, her term expiring on December 31, 2022.
3. Clerk VanDeMark has represented Marshall County, and other elected officials, in leadership positions in the Northwest District of Association of Indiana Counties.
4. Clerk VanDeMark served as Secretary of the Marshall County Election Board in her term as Clerk, presiding over numerous election cycles, voter registration efforts, and poll equipment maintenance and upkeep.
5. Clerk VanDeMark presided over the transition of the Court’s case management system to the centralized Odyssey case management.
6. Prior to serving as Clerk of Court, Deborah P. VanDeMark served as the Marshall County Treasurer from 2007 to 2014.
7. Clerk VanDeMark will finish her term with twenty-three (23) total years of service to the citizens.
NOW THEREFORE IT IS ORDERED, ADJUDGED, AND DECREED that Deborah P. VanDeMark be recognized and appreciated for her years of dedication and public service to the Courts of Marshall County, voters of Marshall County, and the citizens of Marshall County.
Signed by Marshall County Superior Court No. 3 Judge Matthew E. Sarber.
Judge Sarber announced and presented the Judicial Resolution during the swearing-in of newly elected officials Thursday morning.
Article and photo by Jamie Fleury, Staff Reporter with the Pilot News