Senator Stacey Donato said in a news release on Friday, “In preparation for the 2023 legislative session, my colleagues and I will be serving on a number of study committees over the coming months. These meetings allow us to take a closer look at issues affecting Hoosiers and give us the information necessary to form policy when the session starts in January.”
This year Senator Donato is serving on the
- Interim Study Committee on Child Services, as vice chair;
- 21st Century Energy Policy Development Task Force;
- Commission on Improving the Status of Children in Indiana;
- Governor’s Commission on Supplier Diversity; and
- Services for Individuals with Intellectual Disabilities.
Senator Donato said, “I am looking forward to serving as vice chair of the child services committee and reviewing local reports concerning child safety. It is important we continue to work in-depth on issues such as the mental health and well-being of our children. These study committees provide another opportunity to do so outside of the regular session.”
The topics being discussed were approved by the bipartisan Legislative Council, which is comprised of 16 voting members – eight from the Senate and eight from the House of Representatives.
To view study committee agendas and stream hearings online, visit iga.in.gov.
To view a list of topics that will be examined by the committees, click here.