Family and friends of Erin Edwards are asking the community to join them for this year’s Annual Walk for a Cure for Epilepsy and Memorial Walk for Erin Edwards on August 13th.
At the age of 20, Erin passed away in her sleep on October 7, 2020, due to SUDEP (sudden unexpected death in epilepsy). She was a graduate of Argos High School and was in her second year at Franklin College and was outgoing and had a bubbly personality.
The 3-mile fundraising and remembrance walk will begin at the Argos Community Park at 10 a.m. Proceeds raised will benefit the Epilepsy Foundation. The Epilepsy Foundation provides assistance whether you live with epilepsy, have a loved one with seizures, or have a desire to improve lives for people impacted by epilepsy.
While they aren’t requiring a specific donation the hope is that each walker will donate a minimum of $10. Last year they were able to raise just over $8,600 and have set a goal of $10,000 for this year.
This year the walk will have t-shirts and bracelets available to purchase along with a bake sale and Chubby Buddies will have their food truck in the park for walkers or just those who want something good to eat.
The walk on August 13th will be the same route as last year and golf carts welcome!!
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on