U.S. Representative Jackie Walorski (R-Ind.) released the following statement on skyrocketing gas prices. Congresswoman Walorski is calling on President Joe Biden to end his administration’s longstanding assault on American-made energy, restore our nation’s energy independence, and end reliance on foreign adversaries to secure our energy supply and cut costs for Hoosier families.
“Gas prices started skyrocketing long before Putin invaded Ukraine – this crisis began the day Joe Biden signed radical executive orders that stopped America’s record-breaking energy production, inflicted burdensome Obama-era regulations on America’s energy industry, killed good-paying jobs, and made our nation more reliant on foreign adversaries like Russia,” said Congresswoman Walorski. “With gas prices hitting new highs every day, Hoosier families can’t afford the steep cost of Biden’s anti-energy agenda. Hardworking Americans can fuel our nation. I’m calling on Biden to end his full-scale assault on domestic energy production today and unleash the full power of American-made energy to make our nation safer, stronger, and more resilient.”
Congresswoman Walorski is fighting to lower gas prices, unleash American-made energy production, end America’s reliance on foreign energy, and restore our energy independence. She is leading solutions to rebuild America’s energy infrastructure, create jobs, and strengthen our national security.
- Co-sponsored H.R. 6886, the Powering America through Domestic Energy Act, to ban American imports of crude oil and petroleum products from Russia while also prohibiting President Biden from declaring and implementing a moratorium on the use of hydraulic fracturing or on oil and gas leasing on federal lands unless Congress authorizes the moratorium.
- Co-sponsored the American Energy Independence from Russia Act, which would immediately approve the Keystone XL pipeline, unleash U.S. liquid natural gas (LNG) exports to boost natural gas production, restart oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters, and protect energy and mineral development from attacks by the Biden administration.
- Co-sponsored the Never Yielding Europe’s Territory (NYET) Act, which would sanction Russia’s energy industry and stop construction of Nord Stream 2 in addition to other provisions to impose costs on Putin and support Ukraine.
- Co-sponsored the Keystone XL Pipeline Construction and Jobs Preservation Act to authorize the construction and operation of the Keystone XL Pipeline.
- Supports renewed utilization of pipelines, fracking, and all domestic sources of energy production to prioritize an “all-of-the-above” approach to energy security.
Walorski represents the 2nd Congressional District of Indiana, serving as a member of the House Ways and Means Committee and the Ranking Member of the House Ethics Committee.