The Bourbon Fire Department responded to a structure fire this morning about 6:15 at 408 East Liberty Avenue. Marshall County GIS lists the deeded owner as Dale Jackson Jr.
Fire Chief Mike Chapman told WTCA that the homeowner came home from work and found the fire.
The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental with someone smoking in bed. They left for work and the cigarette caught the mattress on fire.
Smoke and water damage was to the bedroom and adjacent room. Chief Chapman estimated damages to be about $35,000.
No injuries were reported, and the Bourbon Volunteer Fire Department was on the scene for nearly two hours.
Photos provided by Town councilman Ward Byers