The Plymouth Community School Corporation Board of Trustees is seeking someone to fill the School Board term for District II West Township due to the lack of candidates in the November election. According to Statute, the vacancy must be filled and duties assumed by January 30, 2021.
Specific criteria to nominate oneself includes the following:
• The nominee must live within the boundaries of West Township.
• The nominee must have lived within the boundaries of West Township for at least the last year.
• The nominee must write a letter to the Board identifying why they would like to be chosen to fulfill the term.
• The nominee must be available to be interviewed by the Board on January 13, with interviews starting at 6:00 pm.
• The nominee must be at a special meeting of the Board on January 20, 2021 starting at 7:00 pm when the Board will vote on the appointment in open session.
• The nominee receiving the most votes will take their seat that evening, be sworn in, and be eligible to take part in the Board meeting.
• The nominee must be willing to commit to a four-year term ending December 31, 2024.
Letters of Interest should be sent to: Superintendent Andy Hartley, 611 Berkley Street in Plymouth, IN 46563.
Letters must be received by January 6, at 4:00 pm.
Nominees will be notified of their interview time on Friday, January 8, 2021.