As the number of positive COVID-19 cases continues to rise, the Indiana State Department of Health is partnering with Marshall County Health Department officials to hold another free drive-thru testing clinic in Plymouth beginning on Tuesday, July 21. Anyone over the age of 12 years old can be tested whether or not they have symptoms as long as they are an Indiana resident. Please bring a state or city issued ID.
The drive-thru testing sites will be at the Plymouth Wesleyan Church, 11203 Michigan Road on Tuesday, July 21st through Saturday, July 25th from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
To date, Marshall County has 663 up from 574 confirmed positive cases last week, and 13 of our community members have lost their lives to this virus. Ashley Garcia, Administrator of the County Health Department said, “These are our friends and loved ones. Please remember to follow best practices to keep not just yourself but others safe.”
Safety precautions include:
• Cover your face when you are in public.
• Practice social distancing.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer of 60% or higher if unable to wash up.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Stay home when possible.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Garcia said, “We will continue to provide updates as changes occur. Please follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MarshallCountyHD/ or go to the Indiana State Department of Health’s website at www.isdh.in.gov/coronavirus for up-to-date information on COVID-19.”