Marshall County Health Department was notified today 3/21/2020 that on March 9th there was an exposure with a presumptive positive COVID-19 patient at the Bremen Boys and Girls Club. Marshall County Health Department has begun the contact investigation and will continue to gather information related to this case. Once exposed to COVID-19, symptoms typically appear within 2-14 days.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Shortness of breath
The best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19 and the flu, is to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or greater alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick, stay home when you are ill.
- Cover your cough or sneeze and clean and disinfect high touch surfaces.
- Practice social distancing, no group functions with greater than 10 members.
If you think you are ill and have COVID-19 (Coronavirus), testing locations are available in Marshall County. We ask that you do not go to the local emergency room, physician’s office or Health Department. Call ahead to your provider’s office or call the Coronavirus Hotline at 574-335-8560.
The Indiana State Department of Health (ISDH) will provide updates as new information becomes available. Visit ISDH website at in.gov/coronavirus for the most up to date information on COVID-19 in Indiana.
Marshall County Health Department will continue to provide updates as changes occur.