These passes and permits make great holiday gifts for outdoor lovers and are a wise self-gift, too.
With a daily entrance fee of $7 per car at DNR properties, in-state visitors who buy a pass can make their money back on their eighth visit.
Annual entrance and Golden Hoosier permits can also be purchased at any of the seven state park inns. All of the permits are also available online at stores.innsgifts.com/permits.
All permits are good from Jan. 1 to Dec. 31 of year issued. The types of permits that can be purchased are:
– $50 Annual Entrance Permit: Admits noncommercial vehicles, driver and passengers to DNR properties that charge a gate fee. More at stateparks.IN.gov/5062.htm
– $70 Non-resident Annual Entrance Permit: Admits non-Indiana resident noncommercial vehicles, driver and passengers to DNR properties that charge a gate fee. More at stateparks.IN.gov/5062.htm
– $25 Golden Hoosier Passport: For Indiana residents who are at least age 65 years or are a resident eligible for Social Security disability payments under 42 U.S.C. 401 (proof of eligibility must be presented at time of purchase and disabled individual must be present in the vehicle at time of use); admits noncommercial vehicle, driver and passengers.
– $20 Annual Horse Tag: Entitles one horse access and the use of DNR properties where horse use is allowed. Vehicle admission is not included.
– $20 Off-Road Cycling Permit: Required for cyclists wishing to access and use mountain bike trails on state park, reservoir and state forest properties with trail ratings above beginner. It is not required for property roadways and paved biking trails. More about off-road cycling permits at stateparks.IN.gov/8623.htm
– Lake Permits ($25 annual motorized; $5 annual non-motorized): Required for all private watercraft using a state park lake, state-managed lake, state forest lake or Division of Outdoor Recreation lake. This includes personal watercraft, motorboats, canoes, paddleboats, rowboats and all watercraft moored at marinas, private docks, group docks or bank ties. More at stateparks.IN.gov/8521.htm.
To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.