During the month of October, TMT Automotive in Bremen and more than 100 other Independent Auto Repair Shops across the United States are raising funds for a breast cancer vaccine as part of the Brakes for Breast fundraiser.
As part of the fundraiser, the TMT Automotive is giving away FREE, quality, brake pads or shoes. The customer simply pays the labor and any other ancillary parts necessary to complete the brake job and TMT Automotive then donates 10% of the brake job directly to Dr. Vincent Tuohy and the Cleveland Clinic Breast Cancer Vaccine Research Fund.
100% of what gets donate goes directly to research!
2017 marks the seventh year for the Brakes For Breasts fundraiser. Across the USA in 2011, the first year – 5 shops in Ohio raised $10,000; in 2012 the 2nd year – 27 shops in 17 states raised $32,848; in 2013 the 3rd year – 66 independent auto repair shops in 27 states raised $66,499; in 2014 143 independent auto repair shops in 29 states raised $115,236.53; 15 the 5th year – 174 independent auto repair shops in 32 states raised $141,868 and last year,131 independent auto repair shops in 35 states $125,867.37
This Brakes For Breasts fundraiser is different from any other breast cancer fundraising campaigns:
- Dr. Tuohy at the Cleveland Clinic has actually created a vaccine that has proved effective in laboratory animals in actually preventing breast cancer. Think about Polio, eradicated because of a vaccine, a distant memory for most generations. This is the same principle!
- After 14 long years Dr. Tuohy and his research team are just a year away from their first bedside trial.
- 100%oftheproceedsfrom the ‘Brakes for Breasts’ fundraiser goes directly to the Cleveland Clinic for research on the Breast Cancer Vaccine.
- These are just “mom & pop” shops across the country, independent business owners that have joined hands for a great cause.
- The founder of this fundraiser is Leigh Anne Best, from Mighty Auto Pro in Medina, OH!
For more information about the Breast Cancer Vaccine and a list of participating shops go to www.brakesforbreasts.org, download our “Brakes for Breasts” app to your smart phone and like us on Facebook!
About TMT Automotive:
TMT Automotive is a locally-owned auto repair shop in Bremen, IN. Owner Mike Tatich and his team are dedicated to premier service, customer education, and community service. More information is available on the company’s website: www.tmtofbremen.com
About Dr. Tuohy:
Dr. Vincent Tuohy has spent the past 15 years working on a breast cancer vaccine that would both prevent the disease and keep it from recurring and has secured enough funding to move the drug to clinical trials.
Dr. Tuohy is an immunologist at the Cleveland Clinic’s Lerner Research Institute and will head up the company, called Shield Biotech, as the Chief Science Officer, Shield Biotech, so named because the vaccine it is developing will act as a defense against breast cancer, is a spinoff-company created by Cleveland Clinic Innovations, the commercialization arm of the hospital system.