fire_lincoln-highway-chickencoop_2A heat lamp that ended up on straw bedding in a chicken coop was the cause of a fire Tuesday night.

It was about 10:45 when Plymouth firefighters were dispatched to the 15,000 block of Lincoln Highway for a fully engulfed chicken coop.

fire_lincoln-highway-chickencoop_1Fire Chief Rod Miller said a heat lamp used to keep to about a dozen chickens and ducks warm ended up on some bedding material and caught fire in the 10 by 10 structure.

With the high winds Tuesday night, once the fire started it was fully engulfed by the time the Plymouth Fire Department arrived on the scene.

All of the animals in the building perished in the blaze.

The property is listed on the county’s website as being owned by Lucas Baca.