On Saturday, October 7, 2023, four young ladies vied for $4,600 in college scholarships and the opportunity to represent the community as the 60th Distinguished Young Woman of Triton. The Triton Performing Arts Center was decked out in diamond-themed decorations for the 2024 program where the young women were evaluated by a panel of three judges in the following categories: Scholastics (25%), Interview (25%), Talent (20%), Fitness (15%), and Self-Expression (15%).
Triton’s reigning Distinguished Young Woman, Anna McIntyre, announced Cheyenne Hawley as the winner of the 2024 title. Tim & Melinda Lemler, the parents of Triton’s 2013 DYW Breanna Lemler, presented Hawley with a $1,200 scholarship (sponsored in full by the Breanna Lemler Memorial Scholarship Fund), the DYW medallion, and a plaque commemorating the 60th winner of Triton’s Distinguished Young Women program. Cheyenne will join other senior girls from across the state the week of February 11, 2024, to vie for the title of Indiana’s 2024 Distinguished Young Woman.
The journey will continue for the winner of the state competition at the 67th annual America’s Distinguished Young Women Finals where she will join 51 other representatives from across the country in competing for cash scholarships and the opportunity to represent the program as the Distinguished Young Woman of America.
Ciara Howell, Cheyenne Hawley, Jocelynn Faulkner, Addyson Viers, Anna McIntyre
Finalist & Preliminary Scholarship Winners
● DYW of Triton 2024: Cheyenne Hawley – $1,200
● First Runner-Up: Ciara Howell – $600
● Directors Choice: Jocelynn Faulkner – $300
● Scholastic Achievement: Cheyenne Hawley – $300
● Interview: Cheyenne Hawley – $300
● Interview Runner-Up: Addyson Viers – $300
● Fitness: tie Ciara Howell & Jocelynn Faulkner – $300
● Self-Expression: Cheyenne Hawley – $300
● Talent: Jocelynn Faulkner – $300
● Spirit of DYW: Ciara Howell – $200
● Ticket Sales: Jocelynn Faulkner – $100
● Artistic Ad: Addyson Viers – $100
● Triton Junior Mister: tie Adam Kirn-Haran & Zak Greer – $200