The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM), in partnership with Drive Clean Indiana (DCI), the sole U.S. Department of Energy designated Clean Cities Coalition in Indiana, and the Indiana Utility Group (IUG), is excited to introduce a statewide electric vehicle (EV) and EV charging initiative, GOEVIN: GO Electric Vehicle INdiana. This effort aims to accelerate the adoption of electric vehicles across Indiana, ushering in a more sustainable era of transportation.
A pivotal highlight of this initiative will be the official launch of GOEVIN across Indiana. As National Drive Electric Week approaches, the GOEVIN team will be at the following EV-focused events to promote the program (all times local):
- Sept. 23, 2023: EVs for EVV in Evansville
- 10 a.m.– 2 p.m.
- Eykamp Scout Center, 3501 E. Lloyd Expressway, Evansville, IN 47715
- Sept. 28, 2023: City of Fort Wayne EV Charging Press Conference
- 11:30 a.m.
- Citizens Square, 200 E. Berry St., Fort Wayne, IN 46802
- Oct. 5, 2023: EV Bootcamp with GOEVIN Launch
- 9–11:00 a.m.
- Northwestern Indiana Regional Planning Commission, 6100 Southport Road, Portage, IN 46368
- Oct. 6, 2023: First Fridays in South Bend
- 5 –7:30 p.m.
- The Gridiron, 106 S. Michigan St., South Bend, IN 46601
- Oct. 7, 2023: Indy Electric Vehicle Showcase
- Noon–5 p.m.
- The AMP at 16 Tech, 1220 Waterway Blvd., Indianapolis, IN 46202
Activities will vary by location. Visit goEVIN.com/events for more information. Visitors to the event in Evansville on Sept. 23 can view a variety of electric vehicles, take a test drive from a local dealership, and enjoy live music, food trucks, and more. Children’s activities will also be available in Evansville.
Comprised of a partnership between IDEM, Drive Clean Indiana, and the IUG, the GOEVIN team is collectively committed to driving the development of Indiana’s EV education and EV charging programs. By uniting expertise and financial support, this initiative seeks to provide Hoosiers with enhanced access to EV infrastructure and information.
As GOEVIN evolves, it is set to encompass an array of valuable features including an EV Calculator, up-to-date news and event listings, comprehensive EV incentives, and a directory of participating EV dealers within the Indiana region. Furthermore, a monthly newsletter will keep stakeholders informed about the latest advancements in the electric vehicle landscape. By offering a centralized hub of advice and guidance, GOEVIN is poised to become the ultimate resource for all things EV-related in Indiana.
For further information and updates on GOEVIN, please visit GOEVIN.com and stay connected with IDEM and Drive Clean Indiana.