This past weekend the Indiana State Police Bremen Post and the Indiana State Police Toll Road Post conducted saturation patrols across their respective districts with a focus on traffic safety. These targeted patrols ran from 6 p.m. on Friday, September 8, through 4:30 a.m. on Saturday, September 9, and from 6 p.m. Saturday, September 9, through 4:30 a.m. on Sunday, September 10. Troopers worked on days off and moved their shifts to have an increased number of troopers working during the targeted patrol times.
Statistics from the Bremen Post:
- 333 traffic stops
- 10 arrests for Operating While Intoxicated
- 2 warrant arrests
- 2 arrests for Possession of Marijuana
- 1 arrest for Habitual Traffic Violator
- 1 arrest for Possession of Cocaine
- 1 arrest for Possession/Dealing of Methamphetamine
- 1 arrest for Operator with Never Receiving a License
- 11 violations with charges to be filed at a later date.
- 1 police car was damaged by someone resisting arrest.
*All suspects are presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.