The Marshall County Health Department will begin offering Pfizer and Moderna bivalent mRNA boosters beginning Monday, September 12. Boosters will be available at the drive-thru vaccine site located behind LifePlex at 2855 Miller Drive in Plymouth. To make an appointment in advance, please call the Marshall County Health Department at 574-935-8565. The clinic hours are:
MONDAYS from noon until 6:00 PM and the second Saturday of each month from 8:00 AM until noon.
The new booster recommendation for people ages 12 years and older are to receive 1 bivalent mRNA booster after completion of a monovalent primary series; it replaces all prior booster recommendations for this age group.
* Recommendations for use of a bivalent Moderna booster dose in people ages 18 years and older
* Recommendations for use of a bivalent Pfizer-BioNTech booster dose in people ages 12 years and older
* People cannot get a bivalent booster without first completing at least a primary series
* Bivalent boosters should be administered 2 months after completion of primary series or last booster
* Pfizer, Moderna and J & J primary series vaccines will also be available for adults and children ages 12 & up