BREMEN — Bremen’s boys were seventh in the NIC track meet.
Numerous Lions and relay teams had their season’s best performances while others achieved personal bests.
Five Lions earned prestigious NIC All-Conference honors.
Tony Hardin achieved All-Conference in the long jump by placing 3rd with a jump of 20’8″ and in the high jump with a leap of 6’1″.
Luke Kincaid earned All-Conference in the 3200 run with a personal best time of 9:59.75. Kincaid was also All-Conference as part of the 3200 relay team that placed 4th while nearly breaking the school record with a time of 8:30.53. Aaron Douglass, Lextin Willis, and Matt Urbina were also All-Conference as part of the relay. Multiple relay members also had season-best split times.
In the disc event, both Carson Miller and James Wordleman had PRs. Miller threw a 116’07 and Wordleman tossed a 107’08.5″. Worldeman then placed 8th in the shot put with a throw of 40’8″.
Caleb Cullers had a great jump day and achieved a personal best in the long jump at 18’8″.
Hudson Fox ran a PR in the 400 dash with a 54.12 and then had a PR split in the 4×400 relay of 52.65 helping the Lions to finish 5th overall in that race. Carson Miller also achieved a PR split dropping under 55 seconds for the first time in the season. Willis and Hardin were also part of the relay that achieved a season’s best time of 3:36.8.
Matt Urbina placed 8th in the 800 run with a 2:07.46 and Alistair Byrd ran a PR of 2:13.1.
Luke Kincaid narrowly missed placing in the 1600 with a 4:47.84 and teammate Aaron Douglass ran his season-best time with a 4:58.54.
The 4×100 relay team of Oliver Nunemaker, Brock Ginter, Nathan Andrews, and Tyrus Graverson ran the team’s second-fastest time of the season with three members achieving PR splits and placing the relay 8th overall.
Jesse Wisler tied his season’s best vault at 11’6″ to finish 6th overall in that competition.
The Lions will head into sectional competition next week on Thursday at Plymouth High School.
- Frances E. Davis, 95, of Plymouth
- Male Juvenile from Group Home Suspect in Vehicle Stolen from Plymouth Park Department
- Plymouth City Council Approves Resolution of Support for READI Grant Applications
- County Park Board Approves Reimbursement of Fuel Costs for Volunteer Mowing
- Commissioners Approve IDEAL Bid for Water Heater Project at M.C. Jail
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on