Plymouth hosted a Sectional rival, the Bremen Lions, in Centennial Park Monday night. The Pilgrims ended the night victorious, with a 5-0 shutout. The Plymouth JV also beat their Lion counterparts, winning by a 9-0 score.
All three Plymouth singles players ( 1S Aubrey Vervynckt, 2S Bella Kain, 3S Morgan Langfeldt) won in straight sets against solid opponents. The 2D team of Cassidy Riddle-Annie Plothow continued its dominant ways, winning via shutout 6-0, 6-0.
The most competitive match of the evening came at 1D, where the Plymouth tandem of Taylor Delp-Ellie Jones outlasted their Bremen counterparts in a back-and-forth three set affair.
It was a quality win tonight for the Pilgrims over a solid Bremen team and program. Bremen beat Plymouth twice last year, the second match for the Sectional Championship. This was certainly a nice step forward for the Pilgrims.
JV singles winners for the Pilgrims tonight were Alivia Kizer (twice) and Izzy Wray. JV doubles winners for the Pilgrims tonight were Tynley Gantz-Tallie Hundt, Olivia Newcomb-Marley Christy, Maddy Thangam-Emma Jackson, Emma Rozycki-Magaly Rodriguez, Dorothy Karris-Katie Fishback, and Cloe Byrd-Natalie Sheely.
Plymouth will host NLC foe Goshen on Tuesday, 5/3/22, starting at 5:30PM.
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on