Shipshewana will once again become home to more than two million LED Christmas lights displayed in a mile-and-a-half long symphony of various light scenes this Christmas season. Shipshewana’s Lights of Joy, a spectacular drive-through light display experience, will begin its fourth season on November 19th & 20th for opening weekend and will also be open every Tuesday thru Sunday from November 26th – December 31st.
Shipshewana Trading Place and Blue Gate Hospitality are partnered with Winterland, Inc. to bring the annual holiday experience to town and are excited to continue the tradition with again, even more lights than last year. This year’s display features a mile and half of magical holiday scenes and special features. “Last year this proved to be a safe experience for families because they didn’t even have to get out of their car to enjoy the annual event. We anticipate families continuing this new favorite Christmas tradition and are pleased to once again open this fun drive thru experience for their enjoyment,” said Brian Lambright, Business Development Director of Shipshewana Trading Place.
Shipshewana’s Lights of Joy will be set up on the grounds of the Shipshewana RV Park and will wind back and forth through dozens of displays. Visitors will enter at the grounds of the Shipshewana Flea Market on SR 5 and drive through the 1.5 mile course of Christmas light scenes, exiting onto CR 200 N.
“It is so exciting to see families and individuals from all over enjoy this truly unique Shipshewana experience and we love being able to make it better with each year,” said Ryan Riegsecker, president of Blue Gate Hospitality. “Shipshewana continues to offer more amazing things to do and this adds to the options available for our visitors during the Christmas season.”
The drive-through light display will be open to visitors beginning November 19th & 20th for opening weekend. It will also be open each Tuesday through Sunday from November 26th – December 31st (Closed Christmas Eve & Christmas Day). The cost is just $20/vehicle; and hours, when open, are Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 6pm – 9pm and Friday & Saturday 6pm – 10pm.
Tickets may be purchased at the gate upon entry or online at ShipshewanaLightsofJoy.com.
Shipshewana’s Lights of Joy is committed to continuing to support local non-profit organizations, with a portion of the proceeds going to 7different featured local non-profit organizations. Follow our Facebook page to learn more about the organizations each week and support them by shining a little light on their mission while enjoying the Lights of Joy this season.
For more information on Shipshewana’s Lights of Joy, visit ShipshewanaLightsof Joy.com or find the Shipshewana’s Lights of Joy page on Facebook.
- Marshall County Sheriff Honors Dispatchers Hite and Budd with Life Saving Award
- County Commissioners Open Bids for Community Crossing Road Projects and Adjacent Projects
- City Attorney Discusses Transfer in Engineering Dept., Stellar Update and Redistricting
- Tim Peet Arrested by County Police for OWI, OWI Endangering & Criminal Recklessness
- Marshall County Board of Zoning Appeals Approves Request for Electronic Sign at
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on