PLYMOUTH – The Pilgrims hosted the Northridge Raiders on Monday Night for Senior Night, falling by a 4-1 score.
The lone winners for the Pilgrims were the 2D team of Senior Liam Fort and Junior Cam Shively, who battled back from a 6-3 tiebreaker deficit in the first set to win the tiebreaker 10-8 and then cruise in the second set 6-1.
Senior Bennett Christy and Junior Matt Manzuk jumped out to a 5-2 lead in the first set but ultimately fell in a competitive straight-set match to the conference undefeated 1D team from Northridge.
We are very thankful for our two seniors, Bennett Christy and Liam Fort, and the contributions they have made to our PHS tennis program over the last four years.
The Plymouth JV finished the night with an 8-0 loss. 2D Trenton Van Duyne-James Kruyer and 4D Brice Hoover-Aiden Landis lost close matches via super-tiebreaker.
The Plymouth Varsity will compete in the NLC Tourney this week, hosting the first and second round of the tourney this Wednesday and Thursday at 4:30 p.m. before traveling to Northridge for the Final Round on Saturday at 9:00 a.m.
*CONCORD 4, PLYMOUTH 1
Singles: 1. Brendan LaCounte (N) beat Carter Snyder 6-0, 6-0 2. Brandon Lomas (N) beat Easton Strain 6-3, 6-1 3. Kaleb Ellis (N) beat Martin Baca 6-0, 6-1
Doubles: 1. Collin Seegert-Evan Nay (N) beat Bennett Christy-Matt Manzuk 7-5, 6-4 2. Liam Fort-Cam Shively (P) beat Mason Martin-Zak Martin 7-6(8), 6-1
Records: Plymouth 6-9 (2-5)
JV Score: Northridge 8, Plymouth 0
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on