NAPPANEE – Plymouth’s tennis team traveled to Nappanee Monday night to take on a senior-laden NorthWood lineup, coming away with a 4-1 team win for their first conference victory of the season.
Both 1S Carter Snyder and 2S Easton Strain earned convincing straight-set wins for the Pilgrims, while 3S Martin Baca used a tight tiebreaker win in the first set (7-5) to gain momentum into the second set and win in straight sets as well.
Both doubles teams played three sets Monday. 2D Liam Fort-Cam Shively overcame a first-set loss to win their match in three sets, while 1D Bennett Christy-Matt Manzuk suffered their first conference loss of the season at 1 doubles.
The Plymouth JV finished the night with an 8-4 win. Winning singles matches for the Pilgrims were Maclean Miller, Trenton Van Duyne, and Jacob Payne. JV doubles winners for the Pilgrims tonight were Trey Delp-Jake Stone, Jack Newcomb-Davis Yoder (twice), James Kruyer-Zak Kresser, and Hayden Feldman-Alex Kizer. The second win of the night for Jack and Davis featured a 15-13 super-tiebreaker win.
*PLYMOUTH 4, NORTHWOOD 1
Singles: 1. Carter Snyder (P) beat Charles Anderson 6-0, 6-1 2. Easton Strain (P) beat Isaac Roberts 6-2, 6-2 3. Martin Baca (P) beat Wes Steiner 7-6(5), 6-0
Doubles: 1. Brady Chupp-Chaz Yoder (N) beat Bennett Christy-Matt Manzuk 3-6, 6-2, 7-5 2. Liam Fort-Cam Shively (P) beat Nic Anderson-Karson Kirby 3-6, 6-4, 6-1
Records: Plymouth 5-7 (1-3)
JV Score: Plymouth 8, NorthWood 4
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on