More than one million jobs must be filled in Indiana over the next 10 years. To help Hoosier employers fill these jobs, Indiana has created the Employer Training Grant, which reimburses employers who train, hire, and retain new or incumbent workers to fill in-demand positions within recognized job fields. The Employer Training Grant is available to help fill in-demand positions within six priority sectors. The grant will reimburse employers up to $5,000 per employee who is trained, hired, and retained for six months, up to $50,000 per employer.It’s easy to learn more and submit a grant request. PROGRAM ELIGIBILITY AND REQUIREMENTS
- Employers may qualify for reimbursement of up to $5,000 per employee trained and retained for six months up to $50,000 per employer.
- Employers must submit an application, satisfy eligibility requirements and receive and sign a formal agreement obligating grant funding.
- Employers must offer training in one of the following industry sectors:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- IT & Business Services
- Building & Construction
- Health & Life Sciences
- Transportation & Logistics
For training to be eligible for reimbursement, the training must:
- Be occupational skills training that ties to an in-demand occupation (onboarding training and informal job shadowing does not qualify).
- Be at least 40 hours in length (minimum) resulting in a certificate or credential upon completion.
- Ensure a wage gain at the completion of training for current employees trained to new skill sets; there is no current wage requirement for new hires trained.
Learn more on how the Employer Training Grant can help your company today. Any questions please reach out to your Business Services Representative and they will be happy to assist. Website: https://nextleveljobs.org/employer/how-it-works/