Lady Lancers get a conference win
LAKEVILLE — The varsity softball team played host to North Judson-San Pierre in a Hoosier North Athletic Conference game Tuesday.
LaVille’s Heaylyn Kwiatkowski, Allison Medors, and Quincy Blodgett collected two hits each to lead the offense in a 4-2 victory over the BlueJays. It was the first LaVille Softball victory over North Judson-San Pierre since NJSP joined the HNAC in 2016.
Blodgett, who picked up the pitching win, helped start the scoring in the second inning. Blodgett cranked a triple and scored one batter later on a sacrifice fly by Cambree Howe for the first run of the game.
Medors hit her first home run of the season with one out in the fifth inning to give the Lancers a 2-0 lead. Blodgett followed with a walk and stole second before advancing to third on a sacrifice fly by Howe. Blodgett made it 3-0 when she scored on an error by Judson. The BlueJays scored an unearned run in the top of the sixth when Emma Chambers scored on a LaVille error.
The Lancers scored an insurance run in the bottom of the sixth, when LHS loaded the bases. Medors, Blodgett, and Howe all reached base on singles before Kylie Gorka hit what would be ruled an infield fly. The ball ricocheted off a Judson player and Medors alertly scampered home for a most important fourth run of the game.
Judson threatened in the top of the seventh when Chloe Papaevangelou singled to right. Chambers singled to put runners at first and second before Meghan Hall doubled Papaevangelou home. With the tying run at second, Blodgett got Kennedy Baxter to fly out to LaVille center fielder Heaylyn Kwiatkowski to end the game.
Blodgett fired 10 strikeouts, scattered four hits in the final two innings, and allowed one earned run to pick up the pitching win in the circle.
The Lancers move to 4-4 overall and are scheduled to visit Mishawaka Marian on April 29 at 5:30 p.m.
•LAVILLE 4, NORTH JUDSON-SAN PIERRE 2
NJSP 000 001 1 – 2 4 1
LaVille 010 201 x – 4 8 1
LP – Delaney Kaminski and Meghan Hall
WP – Quincy Blodgett (10 strikeouts) and Allison Medors
HR – Medors
3B – Blodgett
2B – Hall
Records: North Judson-San Pierre 6-5 (0-3 in HNAC), LaVille 4-4 (2-1 in HNAC)•LAVILLE 4, NORTH JUDSON-SAN PIERRE 2
- Marshall County Sheriff Honors Dispatchers Hite and Budd with Life Saving Award
- County Commissioners Open Bids for Community Crossing Road Projects and Adjacent Projects
- City Attorney Discusses Transfer in Engineering Dept., Stellar Update and Redistricting
- Tim Peet Arrested by County Police for OWI, OWI Endangering & Criminal Recklessness
- Marshall County Board of Zoning Appeals Approves Request for Electronic Sign at
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on