NAPPANEE — Plymouth’s tennis team took a conference win 4-1 over NorthWood.
The Pilgrims singles lineup played solid tennis, each recording a straight set win (#1 singles Miranda German, #2 singles Aubrey Vervynckt, #3 singles Bella Kain).
The #1 doubles team of sophomores Taylor Delp and Ellie Jones battled an all-senior duo from NorthWood in a tight two-set contest, winning the second set in a tiebreaker.
The lone JV winners for the Pilgrims tonight were the doubles team of Katie Fishback and Daniela Ruiz.
The Pilgrims host NLC rival Warsaw (in a rescheduled match) at the Mary Beth Hunter Tennis Complex in Plymouth Friday at 5:15 p.m.
•PLYMOUTH 4, NORTHWOOD 1
Singles: 1. Miranda German (P) beat Gabriella Umbower 6-1, 6-1 2. Aubrey Vervynckt (P) beat Britton Jesse 6-1, 6-2 3. Bella Kain (P) beat Ashlyn Feller 6-2, 6-3
Doubles: 1. Taylor Delp-Ellie Jones (P) beat Paige Henschen-Kate Stillson 6-4, 7-6(4) 2. Amy Adams-Emery Porter (N) beat Annie Plothow-Cassidy Riddle 6-1, 6-3
Records: Plymouth 3-3 (1-0), NorthWood 1-2 (1-1)
JV Score: NorthWood 13, Plymouth 1
- Marshall County Sheriff Honors Dispatchers Hite and Budd with Life Saving Award
- County Commissioners Open Bids for Community Crossing Road Projects and Adjacent Projects
- City Attorney Discusses Transfer in Engineering Dept., Stellar Update and Redistricting
- Tim Peet Arrested by County Police for OWI, OWI Endangering & Criminal Recklessness
- Marshall County Board of Zoning Appeals Approves Request for Electronic Sign at
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on