The Indiana Housing and Community Development Authority (IHCDA) will re-open its rental assistance portal on October 13, 2020 at 9:00 am. The portal will be used to accept applications for the Emergency Solutions Grant CARES Act rental assistance program.
The program can provide you up to 6 months in rental assistance to help cover past due and ongoing monthly rent payments.
You may be eligible for the program if*:
- You are a renter in Indiana
- You lost part of your income due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- You are having trouble paying your rent
- You have received a notice to vacate or notice of eviction due to an inability to pay your rent
- You are currently not receiving rental assistance from another source
- You live in a household with incomes at or below 50% of the Area Median Income
- You have a current lease and a landlord willing to accept rental assistance on your behalf
*If you meet the eligibility requirements listed above you are encouraged to apply for the program. However, this is not intended to be a complete list of eligibility requirements.
**The income limits for each county for households of 1-8 people can be found by clicking here.
Information you will need to apply
- Your address
- Name and age of all individuals living in the household
- Contact information for your landlord
- A copy of your lease agreement
- Documentation that verifies the income of all individuals 18 years of age or older living in your household
- A copy of your notice to vacate or eviction notice based on your inability to pay your rent