Bremen Public Library will extend services to the public starting June 1 with modified hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
Here’s what to expect when you visit during Phase 2:
• Think of these three words for each visit: Grab and Go. We need your help to limit the number of patrons in our building at one time. You may stop by for materials browsing or to have items copied/faxed, but remember: Grab and Go.
• We have fewer computers available and spaced apart. Adult patrons may use a computer for essential services up to 30 minutes at a time. A session may be extended once, based on the waiting list. Note that a computer may not always be available. Staff will be assisting from a distance, as best we can.
• We have temporarily removed some seating and spaced the remaining seating farther apart to enforce social distancing.
• Toys, games, and Children’s Department Imagination Stations are temporarily unavailable.
• Meeting room bookings are temporarily suspended.
Here’s what we’re doing to keep you safe during Phase 2:
• We quarantine all returned materials for 72 hours prior to being checked in.
• Staff will be wearing masks. We encourage you to wear one when visiting.
• Staff is following CDC standards on hand washing and the wearing of gloves to handle returned material.
• We’ve enhanced our cleaning protocols. High-touch surfaces are disinfected multiple times a day.
• Depending on market conditions, hand sanitizer is available at our service desks.
• The restrooms will be locked, but will be unlocked upon request.
• We will continue take-out service as long as our patrons make requests.
• We’ll continue to offer a selection of in-person and virtual programs, and you can still enjoy ebooks, audiobooks, streamed music and downloads, movies, magazines, and more through Hoopla and OverDrive/Libby. Plus, you can access our free databases by visiting our website: http://www.bremen.lib.in.us/pages/databases.php
• To ensure good health and well-being, we need your help. If you have symptoms of an illness, please delay your visit until you are symptom free.
Here’s a word from Library Director Christopher Scandling: “Due to COVID-19, the world has changed since we last saw one another. To keep the community and BPL staff safe, we’ve made some changes. Please know that these guidelines are in place to stop the spread of this virus. We will refer to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Indiana Library Federation for best practices. We are excited to see our patrons and welcome you back inside the building as we continue this phased in, responsible approach to full service.”