During this time of self-quarantining, we know that you are cleaning out your homes. Please do not hold garage sales, yard sales, estate sales, or any other kind of private home sale at this time. There are several reasons but first and foremost, this does not allow for social distancing, which can increase the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to share that the best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19, is to:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Practice social distancing of six feet or more (no group functions such as book clubs, meetings, and/or congregations of 10 or more).
• Stay home unless you need to go somewhere.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and then wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
• Take personal responsibility to prevent the spread.
We will continue to provide updates as changes occur. Please follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MarshallCountyHD/ or go to the Indiana State Department of Health’s website at www.isdh.in.gov/coronavirus for up-to-date information on COVID-19.