State Senator Randy Head highlighted some of the senate bills that are moving forward:
- Senate Bill 50 would help skill up Indiana’s workforce by expanding financial aid for job-training programs and streamlining the state’s workforce-development efforts.
- Senate Bill 99 would improve our civil forfeiture laws by modifying them to create a better balance between law-enforcement needs and property owners’ Constitutional rights.
- Senate Bill 172 would require each Indiana K-12 school to teach computer science by 2021.
- Senate Bill 177 would adjust our diploma system to provide more pathways to graduate.
- Senate Bill 189 would increase school funding to account for a higher than expected enrollment for the 2017-18 school year.
- Senate Bill 221 would require doctors to check INSPECT, Indiana’s prescription-monitoring service, when prescribing opioids to patients.
Senator Head said, “We have accomplished a lot in the first half of session, and now it is time to turn the tables and begin considering legislation authored by my colleagues in the House.”
To view a list of bills in both chambers, click here.