Bremen Public Library has issued a challenge to the community to take part in the Tackle Twelve Reading Challenge during 2018. To participate, a reader must complete at least 12 of the 16 reading challenges listed here by December 31, 2018:
- Read a Book of True Crime
- Read a Tome (500 Pages or More)
- Read a Western
- Read a Mystery
- Read a Celebrity Memoir
- Read an Oprah Book Club Selection
- Read a One-Sitting Book (100 Pages or Less)
- Read a Young Adult Novel
- Read a Book With an Ugly Cover
- Read an Inspirational Fiction Book
- Read a Caldecott or Newbery Award Winner (Children’s)
- Read a Science Fiction Book
- Read a Self-Improvement Book
- Read a Paperback
- Read a Graphic Novel
- Read a Banned Book
Those who complete 12 of the 16 challenges will win a BPL mug. Those who wish to go the extra mile and complete all 16 will also be presented with a one-year membership to Friends of Bremen Public Library.
Want to participate? Stop by the library to get your Tackle Twelve scorecard. Then, each time you complete a challenge, bring the card to the library. Post or tweet about your progress using the hashtag #TackleTwelve for additional chances to win random prizes throughout the year!
Need help choosing a title? Check out our Tackle Twelve display at the library for suggested books for all 16 categories throughout the year.