On Monday, November 20, at approximately 3:15 , then the morning the Marshall County Sheriff`s Department obtained a report of an alleged gas leak at a residence located in the 8,000 block of Union Road.
Officers responded to the scene and found that an unknown vehicle had ran into the side of the building causing damage to the NIPSCO gas meter, the gas pipes in the ground, the NIPSCO pole and the front porch and railing of the residence.
The vehicle failed to stop and report the accident and fled the area. The tenants awoke to the smell of gas fumes and sound of the gas leak and called the Marshall
County Sheriff`s Department. Plymouth Fire along with NISPCO responded to the Hazmat Incident and assisted in the cleanup of the scene.
Anyone with information to this incident is asked to call the Marshall County Sheriff’s Department.