Fire_Beech Road_bourbonJust two weeks after losing his wife, a Bourbon man has likely lost his home in a fire.

Emergency crews were called to the 11000 block of Beech Road at around 9 a.m. Wednesday.

More than six fire departments were called to the scene to assist.

Steve Yoder, the owner of the home said his three daughters were home at the time of the fire. One of the girls smelled smoke and alerted the others. All three were able to get out of the house uninjured.

Yoder also revealed that the fire is the second hardship his family has endured recently. His wife died just two weeks ago.

The family had lived in the home for 14 years, but they’re unsure if it will still be habitable. They’re asking for prayers from the community.

The Bourbon Fire Department is still investigating, but they believe the fire may have started in an outdoor wood burning stove.


Provided by our news partners at WNDU