United Way of Marshall County Thursday announced enhanced security features to MyFreeTaxes designed to further safeguard taxpayer information. MyFreeTaxes is a free, safe and easy way for anyone earning $64,000 or less to file state and federal taxes.
For the past eight years, United Way has partnered with H&R Block to provide free tax filing services for federal and state taxes in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. Since that time, the partnership has helped more than 750,000 taxpayers claim every deduction and credit they deserve. These tax breaks that lead to refunds provide important opportunities for individuals and families in Marshall County to build their financial stability.
When it comes to security and protecting client data, H&R Block is among the industry leaders. Its online filing platform contains:
- Encryption technology that helps safeguard sensitive information
- Several layers of authentication for H&R Block account access which further protects from unauthorized access
- Secure connection established between client’s browser and H&R Block servers, encrypting any data that is passed between them to protect the privacy of that data
Eligibility and features
Taxpayers earning less than $64,000 can enter their data through MyFreeTaxes.com, which links to a secure H&R Block website, making it easy to complete their taxes from home, at work or on mobile devices.
The key features of MyFreeTaxes include:
- Free, unlimited, personalized real-time chat and phone support from IRS-certified operators at 1-855-MY-TX-HELP. The helpline, with operators who speak both English and Spanish, operates through April 18 from 10:00 am to 10:00 pm EST Monday through Friday and noon to 9:00 pm EST on Saturday
- Refund RevealTM will show filers how and why their refund amount is changing
- MyFreeTaxes is promoted by United Way, and users can contact their local United Way for other local resources, or find ways to volunteer and further support their community
- Advanced functionality for those working in the gig economy or need to include information regarding real estate investments, stock options or inheritance taxes
MyFreeTaxes comes with the same brand promise as all H&R Block’s products: that consumers are guaranteed a maximum refund, 100 percent accuracy and 100 percent satisfaction. H&R Block’s DIY products are based on 60-plus years of preparing income tax returns.
For more information, visit www.marshallcountyuw.org, or call the United Way of Marshall County office at 574.936.3366.
ABOUT THE UNITED WAY OF MARSHALL COUNTY
For over 50 years, the United Way of Marshall County has continuously conducted annual fundraising campaigns in support of local health and human service not-for-profit organizations. The United Way has been the conduit for helping thousands of individuals, regardless of income level, contribute to a united community cause. United Way volunteers have spent millions of hours advocating for much needed programs and services that help build a stronger community and, as a result, the United Way has allocated more than $8 million to local agencies for everything from basic necessities like food to tutoring programs for youth to helping the elderly get to the doctor. The United Way of Marshall County remains committed to igniting the caring power of the human spirit to help meet the most basic needs of education, health and financial stability. Together we create a stronger future for Marshall County.