Fire_Hacienda_0The Plymouth Fire Department responded to Hacienda at 2862 Miller Drive Wednesday morning for a reported structure fire.

Fire_Hacienda_1As Fire Chief Rod Miller arrived on the scene he saw smoke coming from the front door area of the restaurant.  Employees were still in the building trying to handle the situation and told the chief the fire was out.

Fire_hacienda_2The issue was a malfunctioning heating element for the table-top chip warmer located in the bar area of the restaurant.  The piece of equipment was removed from the structure and firefighters vented the building to get the smoke out.

FIre_Hacienda_4There was no damage to the interior of the restaurant or the structure.

Fire_Hacienda_5After some clean-up work the restaurant opened shortly after 1 p.m.