All from the comfort of their own home.
Ancilla’s Jump Ahead program is just $125 per credit hour, and still offers the personal attention and expert teaching you’ve come to expect from the small, private school.
“Jump Ahead classes at Ancilla for high school juniors or seniors will cost just $125 per credit hour,” said Jim Cawthon, director of student development and career services. “That’s 75 percent off our regular cost and lower than most public college tuition. Jump Ahead could save families an entire semester of college costs by the time their son or daughter graduates high school.”
An offshoot of Ancilla’s highly popular Early Bird program, Jump Ahead is focused on online learning.
- Exclusively for high school juniors and seniors.
- Online and accessible 24/7.
- Accredited 100- and 200-level courses.
- Part of Indiana’s Statewide General Education Transfer program.
- All classes transfer to college and universities in Indiana and beyond.
- Great for homeschooled students.
- Some courses may count toward your college degree AND your high school diploma.
- Enroll by May 13 for first summer term (begins May 16) or June 24 for summer term 2 (begins June 27).
Vice President for Academic Affairs Dr. Joanna Blount said, “We want to accommodate all kinds of learners at Ancilla College and have created programs for students of all ages. Online learning is critical to academic success and, for a high school student, an excellent way to jump ahead on their degree.”
There are 12 classes offered as part of Jump Ahead, some of which also count toward a high school diploma and would be ideal for homeschool families.
|Writing I||Writing II|
|Public Speaking||Computer Literacy|
|General Astronomy||Intro to Sociology|
|General Psychology||Art Appreciation|
|Music Appreciation||American Lit to 1865|
|Ame. Lit from 1865||Intro to Literature|
“Many students want the traditional college experience of learning in a classroom and living on campus, and Ancilla provides that,” said Vice President of Enrollment Management Eric Wignall, “But Jump Ahead gets college started early. College costs have been rising for the last ten years. Ancilla can reach students planning for college anywhere in the country to provide rigorous, accredited, transferable college credits at a bargain price.”
Tuition for the Jump Ahead program is $125 per credit.
To register for an online Jump Start class, a student must:
• Be a high school junior or senior.
• Have a high school GPA of 3.0.
• Have a home computer with internet access.
You must submit:
1. The online Ancilla College application. Students interested in online summer courses can select “Summer” and “Jump Ahead” on the free online application in order to be enrolled in the program.
2. An official high school transcript.
Note: Some courses may have specific prerequisite requirements, and student may be required to submit documentation that those have been met prior to registration.