This is the third consecutive year the park has hosted its snowmelt contest.
The snow pile is in the beach auxiliary parking lot, next to the park’s main gate.
“The cold and snowy winter has created a sizeable pile,” said interpretive naturalist Brad Bumgardner. “The park will maintain the pile should Mother Nature bring us more snow, but no other alterations will be done.”
Submit predictions at the park office and nature center, or by emailing your name, address, and date and time you think the snow pile will melt to dunesnc@dnr.IN.gov. The park also allows entries via Facebook page at Facebook.com/INdunes.
Incomplete submissions are not eligible.
The submission deadline is March 14. Hints and updates on expected melt dates will be offered on the Indiana Dunes State Park Facebook page.
For more information, call (219) 926-1390.
Indiana Dunes State Park is at 1600 North 25 E. Chesterton, 46304.
- County BZA Approves Special Use for Dog Kennel on Plymouth Goshen Trail on
- City Works to Receive Reimbursement for Demolition at 701 W. Lake Ave. on
- Temporary Change To Visitation Guidelines At St. Joseph Regional Hospital on
- County Council Reviews 2020 Budget Requests, $962,000 Needs to be Cut on
- Tattoo Parlor Granted Variance to Operate at 100 S. Michigan Street on